Fresh cilantro and lemon juice blend perfectly with avocados in this chilled appetizer soup. For best flavor, be sure to use ripe avocados.
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 3 Hours 20 Minutes
- 2 medium ripe avocados - halved, seeded and peeled
- 1/2 cup snipped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Dash ground white pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) can reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup lactose-free reduced fat milk
- Lemon slices (optional)
Place avocados, cilantro, lemon juice, salt, onion powder, and white pepper in a blender container or food processor bowl. Add chicken broth; cover and blend or process until smooth. Transfer to a glass bowl. Stir in 1 cup lactose-free reduced fat milk. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or up to 8 hours.
Stir before serving. Season to taste with additional salt and white pepper. If necessary, stir in additional lactose-free reduced fat milk to reach desired consistency. Garnish with lemon slices, if desired.