How To Do Gel Nails At Home Without UV Light | Lifestyle Expert …
How to Stay Organized While Running a Business From Home
The Right Order to Apply Skincare Products, According to Rachael…
How to Make Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies With Sea Salt
How to Make Spicy Lamb Chops with Polenta and Broiled Tomatoes |…
Why This Interior Designer Says No to One Big Area Rug in a Smal…
This Adorable Goat Is Named Rachael Ray—and Owner Shares How She…
How to Make Chicken Ballotine Stuffed with Sausage | Jacques Pep…
Rach's Latest Cookbook in Cookie Form is UNREAL
How to Make a Roman Holiday Cocktail | John Cusimano
How to Make Italian Sausages with Sweet and Sour Peppers and Oni…
Rach's Make-Your-Own Takeout + 3 Things to Add to Your Closet
Rach's Mac and Swiss Cheese with Ham + Kyan Douglas' Big Announc…
Brooklyn Beckham's "Squish Burgers" + One of Rach's First-Ever 3…
Jacques Torres' Chocolatey Almond Cake + Buddy Valastro's Fault-…
Rach's Derm Shares Top 5 Skincare Products + Rach Is Making Lamb…
Save $5k in a Year—Here's How
Unique Accent Wall Ideas (No Paint or Wallpaper!)
New Deals! Diamond Pendant Necklace + More—Between 41% + 86% Off!
How to Make Steak and Hash Brown Eggs with Broiled Tomatoes | BL…
Lifestyle expert Amy Goodman has already taught us how to remove a gel manicure at home, so thankfully our nails are looking healthy (if bare).
You're probably missing the feeling of being pampered at the nail salon right about now, though, so Amy has the next best thing. She's showing you how to do your own gel-like manicure while you're staying home — like a pro.
Watch her demonstrate in the video above and get the step-by-step below.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO GEL NAILS AT HOME:
- Essential oil (to create a spa-like atmosphere ?)
- Nail file
- Nail clippers
- Cuticle oil
- Cuticle pusher
- Gel nail polish*
*Amy used an essie Gel Couture Nail Polish Kit to achieve a gel-like finish, but Deborah Lippmann, OPI and Sally Hansen also make similar products. If you'd rather try a true gel manicure, check out ET's guide to the best UV-LED Gel Nail Kits for At-Home Manicures.
HOW TO DO GEL NAILS AT HOME:
- Clip nails.
- File and shape nails using a nail file.
- Dab cuticle oil on each cuticle and rub in.
- Use a cuticle pusher to gently push cuticles back. ("This gives you more room on the nail bed to actually paint," Amy says.)
- Using a cotton ball, quickly glide nail polish remover over each nail to get rid of any excess cuticle oil.
- Smooth down the top of each nail with a buffing block — start light and move up to medium if you need it. (If you don't have a buffing block, you can use a nail file very gently to achieve the same matte look, Amy adds.)
- Apply two coats of color base, then one top coat.
Pro Tip: You should disinfect your cuticle pusher after every use, Amy says.