Serves 4 to 6
Aired November 8, 2013
- From her book Sunny's Kitchen: Easy Food for Real Life
- 4 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut lengthwise into quarters
- 2 large Vidalia or sweet onions, peeled and quartered
- Olive oil, to coat
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
Prep and roast the potatoes and onions: Preheat oven to 375˚ F. Place the potato and onion wedges on a baking sheet with sides. Drizzle over olive oil then rub all over each piece with your hands. Season with a sprinkle of salt and a few grinds of black pepper. Place in the oven until the potatoes and onions are tender and golden, about 30 to 40 minutes.
Blend to serve: Remove the baking sheet from the oven and pour all the contents including the juices, into a food processor. Add the butter and blend until smooth. Taste and season with more salt, if needed.