- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup dry black beans, cooked
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- .95 pound tomatoes, sliced thick
- 1 Kraft Fresh Takes Bread Crumbs/Cheese
Combine bell peppers, onion, carrots, beans, spices, salt and pepper in a slow cooker. Cook until vegetables are tender, about 3 hours on low.
Spread bread crumbs on a plate and cover each slice of tomato well, patting bread crumbs in.
In a large, nonstick pan over medium-high heat, sear and cook tomatoes about 3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and crispy.
Serve fried tomatoes topped with chili and a dollop of sour cream.