- 1 bunch or bundle fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup good olive oil
- 2 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 2-inch thick porterhouse steaks
- Kosher or sea salt and coarse black pepper
- 2 lemons, halved
- 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley tops, 1 1/2 cups packed
- 2 sprigs rosemary, leaves removed from stems
- 2 cloves garlic
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 anchovies
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper
- About 1/3 cup good olive oil
- 3 pounds medium Russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 6 wedges each.
- 1 cup veal or beef stock, or beef consommé
- Juice of 1 1/2 lemons or 3 tablespoons white balsamic or white wine vinegar
- About 1/3 to 1/2 cup good olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 4 ribs celery with leafy tops, finely chopped
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
Attach 4 to 5 rosemary sprigs to a wooden spoon handle with twine or rubber band to form a baster brush.
In a small saucepot, warm about 1/2 cup olive oil with the garlic and a few small pieces of rosemary to infuse the oil (if your saucepot is grill-safe, you may warm it right on the grill).
Bring steaks to room temperature and season liberally with salt and pepper. Prepare grill or charcoals or wood coals to high heat. Bank your coals to one side to intensify heat. Or, heat a large, cast-iron skillet over high heat and preheat oven to 325°F.
Combine parsley, rosemary, garlic, lemon zest and juice, anchovies, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and olive oil in a food processor or blender and purée into sauce.
Place potatoes in pot, cover with water and bring to a boil. Salt water and cook to tender. Drain potatoes and add back to hot pot, add stock and lemon juice or vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Cover pot to keep warm until you carve steaks. Just before serving, add chopped celery, onions and parsley, toss and serve.
Grill steaks 12-14 minutes, 6-7 minutes per side, turning once and basting frequently with rosemary oil, to an internal temp of 125°F. If using a skillet, brown steaks 4 minutes on each side then place in oven and finish cooking 6-8 minutes more. Remove meat to carving board and let rest 10 minutes.
Grill lemons dressed with olive oil, salt and pepper cut side down on grill or in skillet 4-5 minutes.
Carve filet and sirloin off bone and slice 1/2-inch thick, cutting perpendicular to bone, across the sirloin grain of meat. Douse meat with charred lemon juice.
Arrange a few slices of steak on plate, top with sauce and serve potato salad alongside.