- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley
- 2 to 3 tablespoons mint leaves
- 1 shallot, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds ground lamb, chicken or beef
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup Greek feta, crumbled
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts
- Toasted ciabatta rolls or grilled flat bread or toasted onion rolls
- Lettuce, tomato and red onion
Preheat a griddle pan to medium-high heat.
In a food processor, combine oregano, red pepper, parsley, mint, shallot, garlic, vinegar, olive oil and lemon zest, and pulse into a fine sauce. Place meat in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Combine with herb mixture and form patties.
Combine sauce ingredients in a clean food processor bowl and process into a creamy sauce.
Cook burgers to desired doneness, 7-8 minutes for pink center on lamb or beef, 10-12 for fully cooked chicken. Serve on toasted rolls or bread with lettuce, tomato, onion and sauce.