- Olive Oil Spray
- 4 ounces ground white turkey
- 1 garlic glove, crushed
- 1 cup roasted veggies (I like red peppers, Brussels sprouts, broccoli and cauliflower)
- 1 cup cooked spaghetti squash
- 1/2 cup Marinara (recipe follows)
- 1/4 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth.
- 1 28-ounce can low-sodium crushed tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Coat a small skillet with olive oil spray and heat over medium heat. Add the turkey and garlic. Sauté for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, breaking the turkey into crumbles.
In a medium bowl, mix the remaining ingredients. When the turkey is done, add it to the bowl and toss to combine. Pour everything into the prepared baking dish and bake for 25 minutes.
For the Marinara:
Heat the olive oil in a medium pot. Sauté the onion in the oil until translucent, about 10 minutes. Add the garlic and stir. Add the broth, tomatoes and bay leaf. Simmer, uncovered, over low heat until the sauce thickens, about 1 hour. Remove the bay leaf, stir in the basil, and voila - delicious! Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.