Roasted Pork Chicken and Sausage with Wilted Greens
Rach Can Explain Why She Doesn't Wear Her Original Engagement + …
At-Home Resistance Band Workout That Mimics Gym Exercise Machine…
How To Make Crab Fra Diavolo and Spaghetti | Rachael Ray
Save vs. Splurge: Trendy Loungewear For 2021
How To Make Cheesy Butternut, Kale and Cauliflower Bake | Health…
How To Make Simple Fish and Tomato Stew | Rachael Ray
Interview Advice For Older Candidates Looking For a Job During C…
How To Make Rach's Spanakopi-tata | Greek-Inspired Frittata | Br…
Shark Tank’s Daymond John On Nailing a Job Interview + Rachael's…
Are Broth & Stock Interchangeable? | Q & Ray + J
- 3 tablespoons rosemary, leaves stripped from stems
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 10 to 12 leaves sage
- 2 to 3 small fresh bay leaves
- 2 small dried red chilies or round teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon dehydrated onion or onion flakes
- 2 teaspoons toasted fennel seeds
- Zest of 1 large lemon
- 4 to 5 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons coarse black pepper
- For the meat: 1 4- to 5-pound chicken, backbone removed (butterflied or spatchcocked)
- 1 3- to 4-pound pork loin roast
- EVOO - Extra-Virgin Olive Oil, for liberal drizzling, about 1/4 cup
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 3 to 4 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 8 links Italian sausages with fennel or a mix of sweet and hot
- 2 lemons, halved
- 4 tablespoons EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds stemmed chard and or spinach
- Salt, pepper and nutmeg, to taste
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
For the Roast Pork, Chicken and Sausages:
Preheat oven to 425°F. Arrange racks in oven to accommodate to shallow roasting dishes/casseroles or 2 medium-size, rimmed baking pans.
For the roasting salt, combine all ingredients except the salt and pepper in a spice mill or mini food processor. Pulse to finely chop and combine flavors. Stir together with salt and pepper.
Place chicken and pork on a baking dish. Slather both with olive oil and coat evenly on both sides with roasting salt, reserving some for the potatoes. Place baking dish in the oven and brown the chicken and pork all over, about 12 minutes on each side. Remove to a rack and toss sausages and potatoes in drippings; season with roasting salt. Add 1 cup wine to each pan and turn the sausages in the juices to coat casings. Set chicken and pork back into their pans and roast 45-55 minutes longer until pork reaches 145°F and chicken juices run clear. Remove meats from oven.
Add a drizzle of oil to a small pan, heat over medium-high heat. Add lemon halves, cut-side down and caramelize. Douse the chicken and pork with lemon juice, let stand 10 minutes at room temperature. Use a cleaver or shears to cut poultry and slice pork.
Pass meats and sausages on large warm platter and serve potatoes and Wilted Chard and Spinach alongside.
For the Wilted Chard and Spinach:
Heat oil, 4 turns of the pan, over low heat. Add garlic and stir 2 minutes; wilt in the greens in stages. Season with salt, pepper, nutmeg to taste; douse with lemon juice and serve.