- 2 small zucchinis (About 8 ounces)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded leftover chicken or turkey
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated Jack cheese
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1/4 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
- Couple dashes hot sauce or to taste
- 6 6-inch 100-percent corn or other whole-grain tortillas
- Dr. Travis Stork's Guacamole and/or salsa, for serving
- Cooking spray
Cut the stem ends from the zucchini and grate on the large holes of a box grater. In a colander, toss the grated zucchini and the salt with your hands and squeeze the zucchini to remove most of its liquid. Remove more liquid by patting it with a paper towel.
In a large bowl, combine the zucchini, chicken, cheese, scallions, red pepper (if using) and hot sauce. Taste the mixture and add more salt and/or hot sauce if needed.
Heat a large cast-iron or nonstick skillet over medium heat. Working one at a time, warm the tortillas in the skillet until pliable, about ten seconds per side, then transfer to a work surface. Scoop one-sixth (about 1/4 cup) of the chicken on top of each tortilla and fold in half over the filling.
Spray the skillet with cooking spray. Add 3 of the quicksadillas and spray the tops with cooking spray. Cook until lightly browned on the bottom and the cheese is melted, about 2 minutes. Flip and brown the other side, about 2 minutes longer. Repeat with the remaining quicksadillas, adding more cooking spray to the pan as you go. Serve with a generous dollop of guacamole and/or salsa on the side.