- 6 medium russet potatoes (about 6 ounces each), peeled
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, skin on
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons coarsely chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Sea salt, for garnish
Place the oven rack in the lower third of the oven then place a large, heavy baking sheet on the rack. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise then cut each piece in half crosswise and on a sharp bias. In a large bowl, toss the potatoes, oil, garlic, rosemary and thyme. Season with salt and pepper.
Using oven mitts, remove the hot baking sheet from the oven and arrange the potatoes cut-side down and in a single layer on the baking sheet, scraping all of the oil mixture over the potatoes.
Return the pan to the lowest rack in the oven and roast the potatoes until they are crisp and dark golden brown, turning as needed, about 55 minutes.
Garnish with parsley and sea salt.