- 2 tablespoons EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach
- 1 can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 quarts chicken stock
- 1 box fresh or frozen gnocchi
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Parsley, chopped, for garnish
In a large soup pot, heat EVOO over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic, and sweat for a few minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add in spinach and beans, and sauté for another minute or two. Add in chicken stock.
Bring stock to a boil and add in gnocchi; lower heat and cover. Cook until gnocchi is soft, about 4 minutes.
Stir in lemon zest. Ladle into bowls and top with fresh parsley.