- 1 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup chopped pepperoncini
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon feta cheese (cubed)
- Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (chopped)
- 1/4 cup mint (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 1/2 medium red onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 pinches of ground black pepper
- For the burgers: 4 10-ounce ground lamb patties
- 4 large sesame seed buns (Martin’s potato preferred)
- 2 tablespoons butter at room temperature
- 1 heart of romaine lettuce (shredded)
- Extra virgin olive oil (for cooking)
In a food processor, add mayo, feta and pepperoncini, and blend for about 2 minutes. Season to taste with salt. Set aside.
In a large bowl, mix together parsley, cilantro, mint, red pepper, garlic and red onion. Add sherry vinegar and olive oil.
In a separate bowl, combine cumin, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Set aside.
Heat a large sauté pan on medium high heat with olive oil. Liberally rub each patty with spice rub on both sides. Cook for 4 minutes per side or until desired doneness.
Spread butter onto buns and toast in pan. Remove buns and set buns aside.
Place a large pinch of lettuce on the bottom of each bun, followed by a dollop of feta spread. Set the burger on top and finish with mint chimichurri.