- Leftover Sausage and Cornbread Stuffing (recipe follows) or your preferred stuffing
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 2 to 3 tablespoons leftover cranberry sauce
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 pound fennel sausage (out of the casing)
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks with the leafy tops, chopped
- 8 sage leaves, chopped
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 1 bag cornbread stuffing (about 14 ounces crumbled not cubed), such as Pepperidge Farm or Arnold
- Salt and black pepper
- Butter, for greasing
Preheat a waffle maker to medium-high.
Spray with nonstick cooking spray. Form the leftover stuffing into balls, about 1 cup each. Add to your waffle maker and cook for 8-10 minutes.
In a small saucepot, combine maple syrup with leftover cranberry sauce and a cinnamon stick. Heat over low heat while the waffles cook.
Serve with leftover sliced turkey and cranberry maple syrup.
For the Sausage & Cornbread Stuffing:
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a skillet over medium-high heat, crumble and brown the sausage. Add onions, celery and sage, and sweat out, about 4-5 minutes. Add the stuffing , season with salt and black pepper; add stock to moisten and stir. Bake in a buttered dish for 40-45 minutes.