- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely minced white onion
- 4 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- A few cups popcorn, store-bought or freshly popped
Heat oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until softened (4 to 5 minutes). Add the garlic and cook, stirring until softened (3 to 4 minutes). Add butter to melt. Stir in lemon zest and parsley.
Drizzle mixture over popcorn and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.