- Vegetable oil, a couple drizzles
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 5 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 4 raw carrots, chopped
- 4 sticks of celery, chopped
- 7 ounces tomato purée
- 2 bay leaves
- Half bottle Italian "Brunello" wine
- 1 14-ounce can chopped tomatoes
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- Worcestershire sauce, to taste (preferred brand Lea & Perrins)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 14 ounces spaghetti
- Grated Parmesan cheese
Heat vegetable oil in large pan over medium heat. Add beef and cook until brown all over. Remove meat from pan and set aside.
To the drippings in the pan, add onion and fry 4-5 minutes. Add garlic, peppers, mushrooms, carrots and celery, and fry for 5-6 minutes. Add cooked beef back into pan along with the tomato purée and bay leaves, and cook for 8 minutes. Add wine and chopped tomatoes to the pan and bring to boil. Stir in Tabasco, Worcestershire and add thyme and parsley; season with salt/pepper to taste.
Cook spaghetti in a separate pan of boiling water for 10-12 minutes. Serve spaghetti with Morganese sauce and Parmesan cheese.