- 1 1/2 pounds ground chicken or veal
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons capers, chopped
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 2 tablespoons EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Lemon wedges, to serve
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Place meat in a bowl and add lemon zest, parsley, garlic, capers, white wine, breadcrumbs, egg, cheese and EVOO, and mix to combine. Roll balls a little larger than walnuts with oiled hands or using a small ice cream scoop and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
Bake meatballs to lightly browned and cooked through, about 15-20 minutes.