- 2 cups Ritz cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, deveined and tails removed, coarsely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chives, finely chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- Olive oil, for shallow frying
- Lemon wedges
Combine cracker crumbs with Parmigiano-Reggiano.
Place shrimp in a food processor and pulse into fine chop. Transfer to a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Add half the cracker crumbs, the egg, Old Bay, parsley, chives, garlic and Tabasco. Mix to combine then refrigerate bowl and chill 30 minutes to 1 hour.
Roll balls the size of large walnuts and coat the balls in remaining cracker crumbs.
Shallow fry the balls in a large, nonstick skillet in olive oil until golden. Drain on paper towels and serve with lemon wedges.