- 1 chicken, cut into 8 pieces and skinned (reserve unskinned wings for other use such as stock or soup)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 fresno chili pepper, finely chopped or 2 red Thai chilis
- About 2 tablespoons rosemary, very finely chopped
- About 2 tablespoons thyme, finely chopped
- Sea salt and coarsely ground pepper
- About 1/4 cup EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 fresh bay leaves
- 6 thin slices good quality bacon
Preheat oven to 375°F. Arrange a wire cooling rack over a baking sheet.
Place chicken in a dish with the garlic, chilis, rosemary and thyme. Season lightly with sea salt and more heavily with pepper. Drizzle EVOO over the chicken then toss evenly to coat the chicken pieces with herbs and garlic. Use right away or marinate up to overnight.
Place a bay leaf on top of each piece of chicken using smaller leaves for the legs. Wrap a bacon slice around each piece of chicken pieces so that each piece is partially exposed and the bay leaves peek out from under the bacon.
Arrange the chicken on the rack and bake 45 minutes, until bacon is crisp and chicken cooked through.