Sausage and Rabe Burgers
Rach Can Explain Why She Doesn't Wear Her Original Engagement + …
At-Home Resistance Band Workout That Mimics Gym Exercise Machine…
Save vs. Splurge: Trendy Loungewear For 2021
How To Make Crab Fra Diavolo and Spaghetti | Rachael Ray
How To Make Cheesy Butternut, Kale and Cauliflower Bake | Health…
How To Make Simple Fish and Tomato Stew | Rachael Ray
How To Make Rach's Spanakopi-tata | Greek-Inspired Frittata | Br…
Shark Tank’s Daymond John On Nailing a Job Interview + Rachael's…
How To Make 7 Layer Tacos With Chicken & Chorizo | Hard Shell Ta…
Hilarious Exchange Between Rach & John About What They Ate On Fi…
- Olive oil, for drizzling plus 2 tablespoons
- 6 Roma or plum tomatoes, halved or thickly sliced if they’re large
- 4 large cloves garlic, crushed
- Salt and pepper
- A few sprigs fresh thyme
- A drizzle balsamic or sherry vinegar
- 1 bundle broccoli rabe/rapini
- 3/4 pound bulk hot Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup freshly shredded Pecorino cheese
- 3/4 pound ground sirloin
- 2 to 3 tablespoons grated onion
- 5 to 6 leaves fresh sage, thinly sliced
- Sliced provolone or Fontina
- 4 ciabatta rolls, toasted
Preheat oven to 400°F. Toss tomatoes with a drizzle of olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper and thyme; sprinkle with a drizzle of vinegar. Roast until tomatoes are slumped, about 30 minutes; remove.
In a deep-sided skillet, bring a few inches of water to a boil. Salt water and boil broccoli rabe for 4-5 minutes; cold shock and drain well. Chop about 1 (packed) cup greens and reserve the rest for another use (like a frittata).
Combine sausage, chopped rabe, Pecorino, ground sirloin, grated onion, sage, salt and pepper. Form 4 patties that are thinner at center and thicker at edges for even cooking.
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add burgers and cook about 10 minutes turning once; top with cheese in last minute or so and tent to melt.
Serve burgers on toasted buns topped with roasted tomatoes.