- 1 whole, boneless ribeye, sliced on a deli-style slicer about 1/8-inch thick
- Montreal steak seasoning, for sprinkling
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Soy sauce (preferably low sodium)
- 2 onions, sliced
- Worcestershire sauce
- A few slices of cheese (Swiss, provolone or pepper jack)
- Banana peppers, sliced
- 1 small can mushrooms
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 6 sub rolls
- Creamy horseradish sauce, for serving
Place the ribeye in a large resealable plastic bag. Add steak seasoning, soy sauce and oil. Marinate for at least one hour or up to four.
Preheat grill over high heat. Once the grill is very hot, place some onions on the grill. Move them around to prevent them from burning. Push the onions to the sides of the grill. Put a few dashes of Worcestershire sauce on the grill top and place a few slices of steak over top. Flip them once brown on one side. Note: the steak will cook very quickly.
Once cooked, stack the steak slices on top of each other, place some onions on top of that and add a slice of cheese. Top with banana peppers, mushrooms or peppers as desired.
Once the cheese is melted, remove the stack of meat to a sub roll. Slather the top of the sub roll with some creamy horseradish spread and serve.