- 1 8-ounce brick cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup Mexican cheese blend
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 small red onion, minced
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapeños, chopped
- A handful of cilantro, chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 2 cups tortilla chips plus additional for serving
- Olives, for garnish
- Red and green bell pepper slices, for garnish
In a bowl, mix together cream cheese, sour cream, cheese, cumin, chili powder, paprika, oregano, salt, pepper, red onion, jalapeños, cilantro and lime juice.
Form the cheese mixture into a ball and wrap in plastic wrap to chill for at least 1 hour.
Place the tortilla chips in a bag and crush them with a rolling pin to create a fine crumb.
When you are ready to serve, remove the cheese ball from the fridge, roll it in the crushed chips to coat and form it into a football shape. Use a few small-cut olives to make stiches on the top so it looks like a football.
Serve with tortilla chips and red and green pepper slices.