- 1 8-ounce brick cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup sharp New York cheddar, shredded
- A small handful fresh chives, finely chopped, plus more for garnish
- A small handful fresh dill, finely chopped
- A small handful flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
In a bowl, mix together cream cheese, sour cream, cheddar and half of the chives, dill and parsley. (Reserve the remaining herbs for rolling the ball.)
Form the cheese mixture into a ball and wrap in plastic wrap to chill for at least 1 hour.
When you are ready to serve, remove the cheese ball from the fridge and roll it in the bacon and remaining herbs. Form it into a football shape, using a few small-cut chives to make stiches on the top so it looks like a football.
Serve with potato chips, Ritz crackers and pretzels alongside.