- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 cup winter squash, cut into large cubes (for sweetness)
- 1 cup root vegetables (turnips, parsnips or rutabagas)
- 2 cups chopped greens (kale, parsley, beet greens, collard greens, chard or dandelion)
- 2 celery stalks
- 1/2 cup cabbage
- 4 1/2 inch slices fresh ginger
- 2 whole cloves garlic (not chopped or crushed)
- Sea salt, to taste
Add all the ingredients into a stockpot and place on a low boil for approximately 60 minutes. It may take a little longer. Simply continue to boil to taste.
Cool, strain (throw out the cooked vegetables) and store in a large, tightly sealed glass container in the fridge.
Heat gently and drink up to 3-4 cups a day.