- 1/2 head cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 1/2 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried dill
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 6 small to medium red or yellow bell peppers
- 1 28-ounce can chunky tomato sauce or diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
In a food processor, place cauliflower, onion and carrots, and pulse to chop medium-fine. Place into a bowl and mix with ground turkey, oregano, dill and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Mix tomato paste with chunky tomato sauce and set aside.
Cut about half an inch off the top bell peppers, reserving the tops. Remove the ribs and seeds then stuff peppers with the turkey-veggie mix and place in the slow cooker.
Top each pepper with reserved tops and pour tomato mixture over the top of all the peppers. Cook for 8 hours on low or 4 hours on high.