- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 pound pancetta or lean bacon, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock, warmed
- 4 egg yolks plus 4 whole eggs
- 1 cup grated Pecorino cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 4 large baked potatoes
- 3 to 4 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
In a skillet over medium to medium-high heat, heat oil, 2 turns of the pan. Add bacon and render 2-3 minutes; add garlic and pepper, and stir a minute more. Deglaze pan with wine and evaporate down to 2-3 tablespoons of liquid; remove from heat.
Whisk up egg yolks, streaming in the warm stock to temper the yolks and keep them from scrambling.
Cut the top third off of the baked potatoes and scoop the flesh into a bowl. Arrange potato shells on a baking sheet. In a bowl, mash the potato flesh with the tempered egg yolks, the garlic and pancetta/bacon mixture, half of the grated cheeses and the parsley. Fill potatoes with the stuffing and brush with a little melted butter. Top with remaining grated cheeses. Bake or broil to brown the potatoes.
In remaining melted butter, prepare 4 eggs over-easy. Top each potato with an egg over easy and serve.