- 2 cups dry, small elbow macaroni
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- One 12-ounce can evaporated milk
- 2 to 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- ½ pound cubed Velveeta
- ⅓ pound feather shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ⅓ pound feather shredded Colby Jack
- 4 tablespoons whole milk
- ⅓ pound fancy shredded mild cheddar cheese, for topping
Bring 6 cups of water to a boil; add 1 tablespoon of salt. Add macaroni noodles and cook to al dente. Drain in strainer and run cold water over noodles for a few minutes to bring the temperature down.
Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a 3-quart casserole dish with butter. Combine evaporated milk, sugar, eggs and sour cream in a mixing bowl and whisk thoroughly. Add macaroni to casserole dish. Stir in evaporated milk, egg and cream mixture. Mix thoroughly. Add butter, margarine, pepper, Velveeta cubes, sharp cheddar and Colby Jack cheeses. Mix well while adding whole milk. Pack down mixture into casserole dish and top with fancy mild cheese.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted and light brown.