Veal Chops Valdostana with Oven Frites and Haricots Verts
How to Make Chocolate Sea Salt Rugelach | Molly Yeh
How to Make Ricotta Dumplings and Mafalde | Rachael Ray
How to Make Red and Green Tortellini Wreaths
How to Make Pumpkin Parm Fries | Rachael Ray
How to Make Sweet Potato Souffles with Boozy Whipped Cream | TDa…
How to Make Fruit Crisp With Any Fruit—Fresh or Frozen | Tia Mow…
How to Make Sweet Potato Pancakes with Cranberry Compote
How to Make Roasted Tomato & Pepper Soup | Rachael Ray
How to Make Florentine Turkey Melts | Rachael Ray
TikTok Star Elyse Myers Embraces Awkward + We're Thankful for TH…
How to Make Pumpkin Bars with Pecan Streusel | Daphne Oz
How to Make Pumpkin Popper Mac | Rachael Ray
How to Carve Your Thanksgiving Turkey: Chef Sara Moulton Shares …
4 Common Thanksgiving Kitchen Disasters FIXED, Thanks to Chef Je…
She's Done It Again! Our Staffer's Mom Has Served Up ANOTHER Gen…
How to Make Twice Baked Aglio e Olio Spaghetti Squash | Rachael …
How to Make Dry-Brined Herb-Roasted Turkey with Ultimate Go-To G…
The Sopranos Podcast with Steve Schirripa + Michael Imperioli AL…
How to Make a Blood Orange Negroni | John Cusimano
- 1 1/2-inch bone-in veal chops, butterflied and pounded on each side to 1/2-inch (one side will be a bit wider than the other)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Fontina Val d’Aosta or Gruyère cheese
- 1/2 cup Grana Padano or Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, a couple of handfuls
- About 1/8 pound (a few slices) Prosciutto di Parma or prosciutto cotto, julienned
- Flour, for dusting
- 3 tablespoons olive oil plus some for drizzling over fries and beans
- 4 large cloves garlic, crushed, divided
- 12 sage leaves
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or dry vermouth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 large Russet potatoes, washed and cut into very thin sticks no more than 1/8 inch thick
- 1 pound haricots verts (thin green beans)
- 2 large shallots, very thinly sliced lengthwise
Preheat oven to 500°F and place a rack in the center.
Preheat a large, cast-iron skillet over medium-high to high heat.
Season chops inside and out with salt and pepper, fill with cheeses and julienned ham then secure edges with toothpicks. Dredge chops with seasoned flour.
Arrange potatoes in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Toss with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Arrange haricots in a single layer on a second baking sheet and toss with shallots, 2 cloves crushed garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
Heat oil, 3 turns of the pan, in the skillet. Add chops and brown on each side and edges. Add 2 cloves crushed garlic to the pan and tuck sage leaves around chops; douse pan with wine or vermouth and cover. Reduce heat to medium and cook 15 minutes then remove chops to a platter and add butter to pan; swirl then add lemon juice. Spoon sauce and sage over chops.
While chops cook, bake the beans and potatoes. Beans will take about 15 minutes to get crispy at edges. Bake potatoes 15 minutes, toss and bake 5-10 more until very brown and crispy.
Serve chops topped with more sauce and potatoes and beans alongside.