Veal Chops Valdostana with Oven Frites and Haricots Verts
Rachael Has Been Using This Kitchen Gift From Her Sister Maria E…
DIY Essentials Every Homeowner Or Renter Should Have | Designer …
Best Cleaning Gadgets for Your Cleanest Home Ever | Lifestyle Ex…
Beauty Pro Gretta Monahan on Why She's Absolutely Obsessed With …
This Natural Deodorant Actually Works, Beauty Pro Gretta Monahan…
Beauty Pro Gretta Monahan Is Obsessed With Spatty From Shark Tan…
Why Style Pro Gretta Monahan Calls Golden Goose Sneakers The "MV…
How To Make Greek-Style Shrimp Scampi with Ouzo | Rachael Ray
How To Make Roasted Eggplant Dip (Melitzanosalata) | Rachael Ray
How To Make An Easy Greek Salad | Rachael Ray
Deals From Rue La La: Deep Foot Massager, Elegant Bedding Set + …
How To Make Lemon-Garlic Rice Pilaf with Toasted Pine Nuts | Rac…
Tony Hale On Filming New I Love Lucy Movie With Nicole Kidman: "…
How To Make Pegan Chai Pancakes | Paleo Vegan Recipe From Dr. Ma…
How To Make Soufflé Pancakes with Blueberry Jam | Kid Chef Matth…
How To Make Fried Rice | Geoffrey, Madeline and Anna Zakarian
How To Make Ham, Egg + Cheese Hash Brown Waffles | BLD Recipe
Rach's Chicken Riggies + Expert-Picked Style, Design and Tech Es…
Quick Maple Pork Chops With Garlicky Mashed Potatoes + Tom Payne…
Tony Hale Dishes On "I Love Lucy" Film + Rach Makes a Greek Feast
- 1 1/2-inch bone-in veal chops, butterflied and pounded on each side to 1/2-inch (one side will be a bit wider than the other)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Fontina Val d’Aosta or Gruyère cheese
- 1/2 cup Grana Padano or Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, a couple of handfuls
- About 1/8 pound (a few slices) Prosciutto di Parma or prosciutto cotto, julienned
- Flour, for dusting
- 3 tablespoons olive oil plus some for drizzling over fries and beans
- 4 large cloves garlic, crushed, divided
- 12 sage leaves
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or dry vermouth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 large Russet potatoes, washed and cut into very thin sticks no more than 1/8 inch thick
- 1 pound haricots verts (thin green beans)
- 2 large shallots, very thinly sliced lengthwise
Preheat oven to 500°F and place a rack in the center.
Preheat a large, cast-iron skillet over medium-high to high heat.
Season chops inside and out with salt and pepper, fill with cheeses and julienned ham then secure edges with toothpicks. Dredge chops with seasoned flour.
Arrange potatoes in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Toss with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Arrange haricots in a single layer on a second baking sheet and toss with shallots, 2 cloves crushed garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
Heat oil, 3 turns of the pan, in the skillet. Add chops and brown on each side and edges. Add 2 cloves crushed garlic to the pan and tuck sage leaves around chops; douse pan with wine or vermouth and cover. Reduce heat to medium and cook 15 minutes then remove chops to a platter and add butter to pan; swirl then add lemon juice. Spoon sauce and sage over chops.
While chops cook, bake the beans and potatoes. Beans will take about 15 minutes to get crispy at edges. Bake potatoes 15 minutes, toss and bake 5-10 more until very brown and crispy.
Serve chops topped with more sauce and potatoes and beans alongside.