Veal Chops Valdostana with Oven Frites and Haricots Verts
Rach's Lemon Risotto + The Best Deals For Valentine's Day Gifts …
Bob Harper Joins Rach For Pasta Night + Makeover For Viewer Who …
Rob Lowe On Working With His Son on 9-1-1 Lone Star + Rach's Roa…
Rob Lowe On His "West Wing" Pride + What It's Like Working With …
How To Make Instant Pot Sausage & Shells | 20 Minute Meal | Pres…
Prodigal Son's Tom Payne On His Covid Wedding: "We got married b…
What Are Rachael & John Reading Right Now? | Books To Read In 20…
How To Make Raw Mushroom & Escarole Salad | Rachael Ray
How To Make a Sage Advice Cocktail | John Cusimano
How To Make Pork Chops with Maple, Mustard & Capers | Rachael Ray
- 1 1/2-inch bone-in veal chops, butterflied and pounded on each side to 1/2-inch (one side will be a bit wider than the other)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Fontina Val d’Aosta or Gruyère cheese
- 1/2 cup Grana Padano or Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, a couple of handfuls
- About 1/8 pound (a few slices) Prosciutto di Parma or prosciutto cotto, julienned
- Flour, for dusting
- 3 tablespoons olive oil plus some for drizzling over fries and beans
- 4 large cloves garlic, crushed, divided
- 12 sage leaves
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or dry vermouth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 large Russet potatoes, washed and cut into very thin sticks no more than 1/8 inch thick
- 1 pound haricots verts (thin green beans)
- 2 large shallots, very thinly sliced lengthwise
Preheat oven to 500°F and place a rack in the center.
Preheat a large, cast-iron skillet over medium-high to high heat.
Season chops inside and out with salt and pepper, fill with cheeses and julienned ham then secure edges with toothpicks. Dredge chops with seasoned flour.
Arrange potatoes in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Toss with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Arrange haricots in a single layer on a second baking sheet and toss with shallots, 2 cloves crushed garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
Heat oil, 3 turns of the pan, in the skillet. Add chops and brown on each side and edges. Add 2 cloves crushed garlic to the pan and tuck sage leaves around chops; douse pan with wine or vermouth and cover. Reduce heat to medium and cook 15 minutes then remove chops to a platter and add butter to pan; swirl then add lemon juice. Spoon sauce and sage over chops.
While chops cook, bake the beans and potatoes. Beans will take about 15 minutes to get crispy at edges. Bake potatoes 15 minutes, toss and bake 5-10 more until very brown and crispy.
Serve chops topped with more sauce and potatoes and beans alongside.