Simple Beer-Battered Fish Tacos With Chipotle Crema + Chunky Guac
This DIYer Is Renovating Her Entire House While Her Husband Is D…
How to DIY "Stone" Planter That Look Expensive—But Are Made With…
How to Recreate Bobby Berk's Asymmetrical Holiday Mantel
How to Make Brioche Patty Melts | Rachael Ray
How to Make Crispy, Spicy Oven Fries with Balsamic Ketchup and D…
Vanessa Williams on the "Extraordinary Talent" on Drag Singing C…
These DIY Ice Lanterns Are Seriously SO Cool (Literally!)—Here's…
How to Make an Ombre Christmas Tree With Colorful Ornaments
Cake Boss Buddy Valastro Reveals a New Cake Creation for the 202…
How to Make Sicilian Spiral Pasta with Ricotta, Walnuts and Roas…
Patricia Heaton's Gorgeous Watercolor Scarf Is Not Only a Perfec…
How to Make Chocolate Sea Salt Rugelach | Molly Yeh
How to Make Ricotta Dumplings and Mafalde | Rachael Ray
How to Make Red and Green Tortellini Wreaths
How to Make Pumpkin Parm Fries | Rachael Ray
How to Make Sweet Potato Souffles with Boozy Whipped Cream | TDa…
How to Make Fruit Crisp With Any Fruit—Fresh or Frozen | Tia Mow…
How to Make Sweet Potato Pancakes with Cranberry Compote
How to Make Roasted Tomato & Pepper Soup | Rachael Ray
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon (a palmful) Old Bay Seafood Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon (a palmful) chili powder, preferred brand Gebhart’s
- 2 teaspoons (2/3 palmful) each garlic powder, salt and ground pepper
- 1 12-ounce bottle blonde beer or lager
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 pounds Mahi Mahi or other white sustainable fish, cut into 3x1-inch sticks
- 16 6-inch corn tortillas
- 1/2 small white cabbage, shredded
- Radishes, very thinly sliced
- Queso Fresco or Cotija cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons chipotles in adobo
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 cup Mexican crema
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 ripe avocados, diced
- Juice of 1 lemon or lime
Heat oil in a large frying pan or tabletop fryer to 365°F.
In a large bowl, whisk up flour with Old Bay, chili powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Whisk beer into batter then add egg and combine. Dunk fish pieces into batter and fry a few pieces at a time to deep golden brown. Salt fish when they come out of the oil, while they’re still hot. Keep warm in a moderate oven on a wire rack set on a rimmed baking sheet.
Char tortillas in hot, dry skillet or over a burner flame.
In a food processor or blender, combine chipotles in adobo, lime juice, salt and crema until smooth; transfer to a small bowl.
Combine onion, jalapeño, salt, tomatoes and cilantro then fold in diced avocado and add lemon or lime juice.
Serve fish with tortillas and fixins alongside.