Simple Beer-Battered Fish Tacos With Chipotle Crema + Chunky Guac
This Video of Rach's Number One Feline Fan Watching Her Cook on …
Anthony Michael Hall Talks "Halloween Kills" Story: "It's classi…
You're Doing It Wrong: How to Burn + Extinguish Your Candles So …
How to Make Crispy Skin Chicken with 5-Spice and Sichuan Pepper …
How to Make Bifteki (Greek Burger Patties) | Rachael Ray
How to Tell if Someone's Been in Your House While You're Away, A…
First Makeover Back in the Studio is for a Deserving Woman Who's…
Jeremy Sisto Teases Loophole That Could Allow Him to Make an App…
How to Kick Out a Car Window If You're Kidnapped | Former CIA Of…
This 16-Year-Old Started Her Secret Identity Movement for All Wo…
How to Transition Back to "Real Clothes" with Comfortable Staple…
How to Make Chicken with Apples and Pears and Cheesy Potatoes | …
Why New York Times-Bestselling Thriller Writer Brad Meltzer Was …
Jennifer Tilly on Her Chucky Character Never Aging: "It's Really…
Family-Run Vietnamese Restaurant Lilly's Cafe Is Still a New Orl…
How to Make Corn Crème Brûlée | Richard Blais
How to Make Butter-Basted Ribeye Steaks | Richard Blais
How to Make Bucatini with Creamy Bacon and Onion Sauce | Rachael…
How to Make Charred Radicchio Salad | Rachael Ray
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon (a palmful) Old Bay Seafood Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon (a palmful) chili powder, preferred brand Gebhart’s
- 2 teaspoons (2/3 palmful) each garlic powder, salt and ground pepper
- 1 12-ounce bottle blonde beer or lager
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 pounds Mahi Mahi or other white sustainable fish, cut into 3x1-inch sticks
- 16 6-inch corn tortillas
- 1/2 small white cabbage, shredded
- Radishes, very thinly sliced
- Queso Fresco or Cotija cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons chipotles in adobo
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 cup Mexican crema
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 ripe avocados, diced
- Juice of 1 lemon or lime
Heat oil in a large frying pan or tabletop fryer to 365°F.
In a large bowl, whisk up flour with Old Bay, chili powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Whisk beer into batter then add egg and combine. Dunk fish pieces into batter and fry a few pieces at a time to deep golden brown. Salt fish when they come out of the oil, while they’re still hot. Keep warm in a moderate oven on a wire rack set on a rimmed baking sheet.
Char tortillas in hot, dry skillet or over a burner flame.
In a food processor or blender, combine chipotles in adobo, lime juice, salt and crema until smooth; transfer to a small bowl.
Combine onion, jalapeño, salt, tomatoes and cilantro then fold in diced avocado and add lemon or lime juice.
Serve fish with tortillas and fixins alongside.