- 3 pounds (1.4 kg) whole, round, small potatoes
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup (25 g) chopped scallions, white and green parts
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Juice of 1 lemon (about 3 tablespoons)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Fresh cilantro leaves
Put the potatoes in a large pot and cover with salted water. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to a simmer, cover and cook until fork-tender, about 30 minutes. Drain and let cool completely. Slice the potatoes about 1/4-inch (6mm) thick.
In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, scallions, mustard, tarragon, parsley, lemon juice, 1 teaspoon salt and the pepper. Add the potatoes and toss gently to combine.
Cover and chill in the refrigerator until serving time. Serve cold, garnished with cilantro.