- 1 12-ounce can SPAM® Classic
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon peeled and grated ginger root
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup House Of Tsang® Ginger Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or wok oil
- 3 cups cooked white sushi rice
- 1 sheet hoshi nori (Japanese dried seaweed)
Cut SPAM lengthwise into 8 equal slices.
In a shallow dish, combine garlic, ginger, brown sugar and soy sauce; mix well. Add SPAM; turn to coat. Let stand 30 minutes. Remove SPAM slices from marinade; pat dry.
In a skillet, heat oil; add SPAM. Cook until browned on each side.
With moist hands, mold rice into 8 thick blocks with same dimensions as SPAM slices.
Cut nori into 8 half-inch strips. Place SPAM slices on rice blocks; wrap individual nori strips around each middle. Moisten one end slightly to fasten together.
Serve with remaining marinade for dipping.