Using shaved Brussels sprouts as a component to this salad adds a great texture and will give you added fiber, vitamins, and antioxidants. My light Caesar-inspired dressing helps you cut calories and fat.
- 10 Brussels sprouts, shredded
- 1 cup chopped mixed greens or romaine lettuce
- 4 ounces roasted boneless, skinless chicken breast, shredded
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped almonds
- For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 garlic clove, crushed
- A pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1 to 2 teaspoons water, to thin
I find Caesar salad dressing kind of offensive. I’ve got no problem with the garlic or anchovy paste, but the egg yolks and olive oil are the same base as mayonnaise, and the whole concoction coats the lettuce beyond recognition! That’s hardly a salad. My dressing gets its creaminess from nonfat Greek yogurt and a nice tang from the lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce. Better tasting and better for you.
In a medium bowl, toss the Brussels sprouts, lettuce, chicken and almonds.