Pork Ramen Bowls
Family-Run Vietnamese Restaurant Lilly's Cafe Is Still a New Orl…
How to Make Corn Crème Brûlée | Richard Blais
How to Make Charred Radicchio Salad | Rachael Ray
How to Make Bucatini with Creamy Bacon and Onion Sauce | Rachael…
How to Make Butter-Basted Ribeye Steaks | Richard Blais
How to Make Parsnip Creamed Spinach | Richard Blais
Lady Gaga and Tony Bennett Surprise Rachael with a Sweet Note + …
How to Make Spiked Hot Chocolate Hazelnut Mudslides | Sunny Ande…
Jamie Lee Curtis Has an Adorable Proud Godmother Moment for Gods…
What Are Rachael's Favorite Plant-Based Meals to Make? | Q & Ray…
Jamie Lee Curtis On Her "Halloween Kills" Character Laurie "Soft…
How to Make Marinated Beef Filet Bites with Spinach Rice Pilaf (…
How to Make German Chocolate Cookies | Sunny Anderson
How to Make Chocolate-Hazelnut Puff Pastry Twists
How to Make Everything Puff Pastry Pigs in a Blanket
Black-ish Star Anthony Anderson Teases Final Season Surprises: "…
Baby Nursery Tour: Style Expert + Host Lilliana Vazquez Shows In…
How to Make Bacon, Egg and Cheese Toast Cups
Anthony Anderson's Mom Put Acting Dreams Aside to Raise Him—But …
- 1 2-pound piece pork shoulder/butt, trimmed
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable, peanut or canola oil
- A handful dried shitake mushrooms (1 small pouch or packet)
- 1 inch ginger root, sliced
- 3 to 4 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 carrots, quartered
- 1 large leek, quartered
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 2 red finger chili peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 shallots, root attached, peeled and cut into thin wedges lengthwise
- 1 can bamboo shoots, drained well
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- For the Ramen Bowls: 4 large eggs
- 3/4 to 1 pound Ramen noodles
- 1 bunch spring onions, chopped or thinly sliced
- 4 cups packed mixed spring greens (try mixing in some shiso leaves and coriander tops)
- 2 tablespoons Mirin
- 1 shot sake or sherry
- 1/4 cup dark soy or Japanese soy sauce
Season the pork with salt and pepper. In large Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat, 2 turns of the pan. Brown the pork evenly all over. Add dried mushrooms, ginger, garlic, carrots, leek, stock and 1 quart water and bring to boil. Reduce heat to a low simmer, cover and cook pork 2-2 1/2 hours to very tender, skimming occasionally.
Remove pork and rest, strain the stock and keep warm. Pull pork and cover to keep warm.
For pickled garnishes, cover the chili peppers, shallots and bamboo shoots with vinegar and let stand 1 hour.
Cover eggs with water, bring to boil, cover pan and remove from heat. Let stand 10 minutes. Crack shells and let stand in cold water to loosen shells; halve the eggs.
Boil water and cook ramen 3-5 minutes so there is still a bite left to the noodles. Drain.
Add Mirin, sake or sherry and soy to broth.