- 1 pound ground beef
- Canola oil, for drizzling
- 1 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup beer
- Fresh lime juice and zest, divided
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, quartered
- 3 tablespoons minced white onion
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 1 cup shredded Romaine lettuce
- 4 green onions, white and light green parts, thinly sliced
- Oil and vinegar, for dressing greens
- 8 flour tortillas
- Sour cream
- Queso fresco
Brown the beef in some canola oil. Add chili powder, garlic salt, salt and pepper. Cool two minutes. Add beer and juice of 1/2 a lime, and reduce to a simmer. Simmer on low 10-15 minutes until beer is totally evaporated and beef is tender.
In a bowl, mix tomatoes, onions, and cilantro. Add a squeeze of lime juice. Season with salt and pepper
In a bowl, mix sour cream with lime zest and a squeeze of lime.
Mix lettuce and green onions with a splash of oil and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper
Build flour tortillas with beef, pico de gallo (tomato mixture), lime sour cream, lettuce and cheese.