For the cupcakes:
- 1 cup milk
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 loaf soft white bread, such as brioche or Pullman, cut into cubes (about 5 cups)
For the frosting:
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- For decorating: Strawberries, blueberries and raspberries
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a large bowl, whip together milk, eggs, sugar, cinnamon and salt. Add the brioche bread cubes. Let soak for 15 minutes.
Line a 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners. Divide the soaked bread among the 12 muffin tins. Pour any excess liquid evenly over the cups. Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes or until crispy and brown on top. Let cool.
In a stand mixer with a whisk attachment, whip the heavy cream until stiff. Add sugar, salt and vanilla. Put whipped cream into a piping bag or plastic ziptop bag with your desired pastry tip.
Pipe the whipped cream onto the French toast cupcakes and garnish with berries.