The Most Dangerous Holiday Foods for Your Dog
Whoopi Goldberg Brings Holiday Cheer (and Laughs!) + Katie Lee S…
Rach's Winter Brunch Go-To + a Cheesy Twist on Latkes for Hanukk…
Salted Chocolate Chip Cookies
Brooke Shields on the Unusual Gift She Brings Her Stepmom For th…
New Deals For Holiday Gifts! Smart Watch + More—Between 40% and …
Holiday Food Shopping Tricks That Could Save You Hundreds
How to Make Roasted Cherry Tomato Soup and Bacon Croutons | Rach…
"ABC News" Meteorologist Ginger Zee + Rachael's Stuffed Cabbage
DIY Balloon Mosaic For the Holidays With Letter + Number Molds
DIY Bow Napkins For Your Holiday Table
How to Make Toad-in-the-Hole Pasties
Step-by-Step Tutorial: Wrap Your Table Like a Christmas Gift
How to Make a Baked Brie Wreath with Sweet and Spicy Pesto
How to Make Spicy, Sweet & Sour Egg Rolls and Hoisin-Peanut Dipp…
David Boreanaz Tells BTS "SEAL Team" Story + It's Pasta Night at…
Cozy Tater Tot Casserole + "New Kid On The Block" Jonathan Knight
Brooke Shields Talks Holiday Plans + Her New Movie "Holiday Harm…
A Master Sommelier's Holiday Meal Wine Pairings
How to Make Pumpkin Semifreddo with Chocolate-Covered Pistachios…
Every pet parent knows the common food no-gos, like chocolate, raisins and grapes. But around the holidays, there are lesser known culprits, too!
When veterinarian Dr. Courtney Campbell visited our show, he gave us the lowdown on three in particular.
UNBAKED YEAST DOUGH
Whether you’re making pizza, biscuits or bread around the holidays, beware of the furry friends at your feet!
"If they ingest [unbaked yeast dough], the dough will rise," Dr. Courtney says. "[And] the stomach is basically an oven."
"The fermentation process creates ethanol, which is an alcohol," he continues. "And they essentially get drunk off of pizza dough and other dough."
They’re delicious in holiday cookies -- but after this revelation, Rach is having her mom take them off the menu this year!
"We don’t even know why they’re toxic," the vet says. "But they are."
In fact, he says the nuts can make dogs tremor and stumble -- and NO ONE wants that.
There’s a silver lining to this one, which is good news considering that nutmeg is in EVERYTHING around the holidays.
"Dogs have to ingest a large amount of nutmeg for it to be a problem," Dr. Courtney explains.
So, just don’t go spilling it on the floor!
For more potential holiday pet hazards, check out our handy guide below: