Braised Pork with Wide Pasta and Arugula
Prodigal Son's Tom Payne Talks Season 2 + Rach's Maple Pork Chop…
How To Make Bacon-Cheddar Burgers with Dijon-Horseradish Sauce |…
The Covid Vaccines Explained | Physician + "Doctors" Host Dr. Ia…
Is The Covid Vaccine Safe? Dr. Ian On Why It's Worth The (Very S…
Soon-To-Be Mom of 6 On Relationship With Her Oldest Child: "I ca…
When Can You Get The Covid Vaccine? A Doctor Breaks Down Current…
Why You Should Still Get The Vaccine If You've Already Had Covid…
Chef Curtis Stone's Fried Chicken + Rachael's Chicken With Pears…
Sterling K. Brown On Filming Latest Season Of This Is Us + Rach'…
Rach's Bacon & Cheddar Burgers with Dijon-Horseradish Sauce + Al…
- 1 2 1/2-pound piece trimmed pork butt/shoulder, at room temp
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 bulb garlic, cloves crushed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 to 3 ribs celery plus leafy tops, coarsely chopped
- 2 medium carrots, coarsely chopped
- 1 herb bundle of parsley, thyme, rosemary
- 1 cup dry vermouth or white wine
- 2 Meyer lemons, 1 sliced, 1 to juice
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon mild honey or agave
- 3 to 4 cups coarsely chopped arugula leaves
- 1 pound pappardelle or egg tagliatelle
- Parmigiano-Reggiano, for shaving
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 325F.
Pat pork dry then season with salt, pepper and fennel. Heat just enough olive oil to coat the bottom of a Dutch oven over medium to medium-high heat. When oil smokes, add meat and caramelize on all sides; remove to a plate.
Add garlic cloves, onion, celery and herb bundle to pan, and season with salt and pepper. Cook to soften a bit, 5 minutes. Deglaze the pan with vermouth or wine then add lemon slices, stock and pork back to the pot. Cover and roast 3 hours.
Bring a large pot of water to boil for pasta.
Remove the pork to a platter, strain sauce over pot. Cook and reduce by half then add lemon juice and honey.
Cook pasta in salted water to al dente.Add a ladle of starchy water to sauce just before straining.
Pull pork, separate out fat.
Toss the pasta with sauce, pork and wilt in the arugula. Add some shaved Parm and serve on a warm platter or in shallow bowls.