Open-Faced Gumbo Burgers
Rach Can Explain Why She Doesn't Wear Her Original Engagement + …
Is The Covid Vaccine Safe? Dr. Ian On Why It's Worth The (Very S…
How To Make Cheesy Butternut, Kale and Cauliflower Bake | Health…
Rach's One-Pan Roast Chicken Dinner + Amanda Freitag's Honey-Gla…
How To Make Crab Fra Diavolo and Spaghetti | Rachael Ray
How To Make Garlicky Lemon-Pepper Shrimp By Rachael
How To Make a Juicy Roast Chicken | Chef Jet Tila
How To Make 7 Layer Tacos With Chicken & Chorizo | Hard Shell Ta…
How To Make Simple Fish and Tomato Stew | Rachael Ray
How To Make Rach's Spanakopi-tata | Greek-Inspired Frittata | Br…
- 4 tablespoons butter or vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup combined finely chopped celery, green bell pepper and onion
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 pound 300-count shrimp
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- Tabasco, to taste
- 1 package ground dark meat blend turkey
- 1/2 to 3/4 pound Andouille sausage, casing removed
- 6 scallions, whites and greens finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped thyme
- Lightly toasted Italian bread or good quality white or peasant bread
Heat cast-iron skillet or griddle for the burgers.
Heat a skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Melt butter and stir to melt or heat oil, whisk in flour and stir until deep golden and fragrant. Add chopped celery, bell pepper and onions, garlic, salt and pepper; cook 10 minutes. Add stock and bring to a low boil or bubble. Add shrimp and cook through, 2-3 minutes. Add hot sauce to your taste.
Place the turkey in a bowl. Add andouille to a food processor and pulse to finely chop. Add sausage to turkey with scallions and thyme, salt and pepper. Form 4 patties that are thicker at edges and thinner at the center. Drizzle patties with oil and cook 12-14 minutes to cook through.
Place lightly toasted bread on a plate, top with burger, cover with gravy.