Warm Greek Salad with Sliced Steak
How To Make Root Vegetable Puree | Amanda Freitag
Gina Torres On "9-1-1: Lone Star" Co-Star Rob Lowe: "It's a litt…
The Right Ways To Store Bras | You're Doing It Wrong | Expert Br…
How To Make Creamy Mustard Sauce | Amanda Freitag
5 Bras You Need NOW | Bra Fitting Expert Kimmay Caldwell
How To Make Garlic Herb Roast Chicken with Potatoes | Rachael Ray
How To Make Honey-Glazed Pork Tenderloin | Amanda Freitag
Prodigal Son's Tom Payne Talks Season 2 + Rach's Maple Pork Chop…
How To Make Bacon-Cheddar Burgers with Dijon-Horseradish Sauce |…
The Covid Vaccines Explained | Physician + "Doctors" Host Dr. Ia…
- 1 large (1 pound) baking potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- Coarse salt and pepper
- 1 small shallot, grated or minced
- 2 large cloves garlic, grated or minced
- 1 lemon, juiced, plus 2 teaspoons zest
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 sprig oregano, finely chopped or 1 teaspoon dried oregano, lightly crushed
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided, plus more for drizzling
- 12 to 15 pitted Kalamata olives, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds flat-iron, flank or sirloin steak (about 1-inch thick), at room temperature OR sustainable white fish OR boneless, skinless chicken breast OR Portobello mushrooms
- 2 sprigs rosemary, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 cubanelle frying pepper or small green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 5 cups leafy romaine tops, arugula or spinach
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 cup feta crumbles
- Sliced light green pepperoncini (green pickled peppers), for garnishing
Place potato in a saucepan with enough cold water to cover. Bring to a boil, salt the water and cook until firm-tender, 3-4 minutes. Drain.
In a bowl, combine the shallot, garlic, lemon juice, lemon zest, vinegar, mustard, oregano and crushed red pepper. Whisk in about 1/3 cup EVOO to combine. Stir in the olives.
Preheat a grill pan or griddle over medium-high heat. Drizzle the meat (or whatever protein you are working with) with EVOO and rub all over; season with the rosemary, salt and pepper. Add to the pan and cook, turning once, for about 8 minutes for medium-rare. Let the meat rest for a few minutes, then slice on an angle,
Meanwhile, in a nonstick skillet, heat the remaining EVOO over medium-high heat. Add the potato cubes, season with salt and pepper. Cook until browned, 3-4 minutes. Flip the potatoes and add the onion and frying (or bell) pepper; cook for 5 minutes. Reserve the skillet.
In a large salad bowl, combine the romaine, tomatoes, parsley, feta and pepperoncini. Add the contents of the skillet to the bowl and combine.
Meanwhile, add the dressing to the skillet and heat for a minute. Pour over the salad and toss to coat. To serve, arrange the salad on plates and top with steak.