- 5 cups chicken stock
- 1 to 2 15-ounce cans white hominy, drained
- 1 can white corn (optional)
- 2 14 1/2-ounce cans stewed tomatoes (use fire-roasted or Mexican-style for an added kick)
- 4 teaspoons oregano
- 1 jalapeo chili, chopped
- 3 tablespoons New Mexican chili powder
- 1 rotisserie chicken, meat shredded
Bring chicken stock to a boil in a large pot.
Add hominy, corn, tomatoes, oregano, jalapeo and chili powder bring back up to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring often for 1 hour.
Stir in shredded chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with toppings on the side.