Spicy Sesame-Soy Soba Sliced Steak
We're Gearing Up For The Biggest Day In Football With Brandon Co…
Rach's Lemon Risotto + The Best Deals For Valentine's Day Gifts …
Bob Harper Joins Rach For Pasta Night + Makeover For Viewer Who …
Rob Lowe On Working With His Son on 9-1-1 Lone Star + Rach's Roa…
Rob Lowe On His "West Wing" Pride + What It's Like Working With …
How To Make Instant Pot Sausage & Shells | 20 Minute Meal | Pres…
Prodigal Son's Tom Payne On His Covid Wedding: "We got married b…
What Are Rachael & John Reading Right Now? | Books To Read In 20…
How To Make Raw Mushroom & Escarole Salad | Rachael Ray
How To Make a Sage Advice Cocktail | John Cusimano
- 1 1/2 pounds petite filet or flat-iron steaks
- 12 ounces soba or whole wheat spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons high temperature/stir-fry oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon Ancho chili powder
- 1 inch grated ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 bunches scallions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup daikon, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Harissa or chili paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Tamari
- 1 1/2 cups beef stock
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame or black sesame seeds
- 1 cup shiso leaves or 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
Place the steak in freezer for a few minutes to firm it up for thin slicing.
Boil a large pot of water to cook soba or pasta; cook at a rolling boil to package directions to al dente.
Very thinly slice meat against the grain with sharp knife.
In large round-bottomed pan, heat 2 tablespoons of the stir-fry oil over high heat. Add meat, season with chili powder and brown 2-3 minutes; remove to plate. Cook in 2 batches if necessary to avoid overcrowding the pan. Add remaining oil and stir-fry the ginger, garlic, scallions, daikon and stir-fry to tender-crisp, 2 minutes. Sprinkle the sugar over the pan and stir in chili paste, Worcestershire, Tamari and stock. Add beef back and season with sesame oil.
Drain soba or spaghetti and add to pan. Toss noodles with beef and sesame seeds, and serve.