- 8 pork hot dogs
- 8 slices smoky, lean bacon
- 1 heart romaine lettuce, shredded
- 2 medium vine-ripe tomatoes
- 1 small white onion, minced
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons pickle relish
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- Salt and pepper
- 8 hot dog rolls or brioche lobster rolls, split and lightly toasted
Preheat oven to 375F.
Parboil the hot dogs in simmering water to heat them through.
Bake bacon 7-8 minutes on a broiler pan to render half the fat. Remove and cool to handle.
Wrap the dogs in bacon like a barber shop pole. Crisp up in a hot skillet or a griddle pan, or return to oven and bake until crisp.
Combine sour cream with relish and ketchup, and season with salt and pepper.
Serve dogs on toasted rolls with special sauce and garnished with lettuce, tomato and onion.