Chicken with Ham and Mozzarella and Broiled Tomatoes
We're Gearing Up For The Biggest Day In Football With Brandon Co…
Rach's Lemon Risotto + The Best Deals For Valentine's Day Gifts …
Bob Harper Joins Rach For Pasta Night + Makeover For Viewer Who …
Rob Lowe On Working With His Son on 9-1-1 Lone Star + Rach's Roa…
Rob Lowe On His "West Wing" Pride + What It's Like Working With …
How To Make Instant Pot Sausage & Shells | 20 Minute Meal | Pres…
Prodigal Son's Tom Payne On His Covid Wedding: "We got married b…
What Are Rachael & John Reading Right Now? | Books To Read In 20…
How To Make Raw Mushroom & Escarole Salad | Rachael Ray
How To Make a Sage Advice Cocktail | John Cusimano
- 1 1/2 pounds (4 pieces) boneless, skinless chicken breast, about 6 ounces each
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 4 slices smoked or fresh mozzarella, 1/2-inch thick
- 8 slices speck or prosciutto di Parma
- 8 slices vine-ripe tomato
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- A few leaves of basil, torn
Heat oven to 400F. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium to medium-high heat. Add butter and garlic clove, and melt butter into oil. Add chicken and lightly brown 2-3 minutes per side then remove to plate.
Sprinkle chopped thyme over chicken and top each piece with a slice of cheese and then wrap with speck or prosciutto di Parma. Arrange chicken on a baking sheet and drizzle with about 1 tablespoon olive oil to lightly coat. Bake 15-20 minutes and remove; switch on broiler.
Arrange tomatoes on a baking sheet and cover them with Parm and breadcrumbs. Broil until golden, 3 minutes or so. Arrange 2 slices of broiled tomatoes on each chicken breast, garnish with torn basil and serve.