Prodigal Son's Tom Payne Talks Season 2 + Rach's Maple Pork Chop…
How To Make Bacon-Cheddar Burgers with Dijon-Horseradish Sauce |…
The Covid Vaccines Explained | Physician + "Doctors" Host Dr. Ia…
Is The Covid Vaccine Safe? Dr. Ian On Why It's Worth The (Very S…
Soon-To-Be Mom of 6 On Relationship With Her Oldest Child: "I ca…
When Can You Get The Covid Vaccine? A Doctor Breaks Down Current…
Why You Should Still Get The Vaccine If You've Already Had Covid…
Chef Curtis Stone's Fried Chicken + Rachael's Chicken With Pears…
Sterling K. Brown On Filming Latest Season Of This Is Us + Rach'…
Rach's Bacon & Cheddar Burgers with Dijon-Horseradish Sauce + Al…
- 2 dried ancho chilies, stemmed and seeded
- 1 cup beef stock
- 2 poblano chilies
- 16 corn tortillas, cut into 1-inch strips
- All-natural cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or olive oil
- 1 pound Mexican chorizo
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 jalapeño chilies, seeded and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained
- 2 1/2 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar or blend of Monterey Jack, Pepper Jack, cheddar, Chihuahua, asadero or any easy melting cheeses of choice
- Chopped romaine or iceberg lettuce
- Chopped tomatoes
- Chopped red onions
- Pickled jalapeño slices, for garnish
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 lime
- 1 cup sour cream
Reconstitute ancho peppers in simmering broth and just enough water to cover. Pure peppers and their liquid in a food processor and reserve.
Char poblanos over an open flame or under the broiler to char evenly all over, cool in a covered bowl and seed, peel, chop and reserve.
Arrange corn tortilla strips on baking sheets, spray with cooking spray and season with salt. Bake to deeply golden.
Heat oil, 2 turns of the pan, over medium-high heat. Add chorizo, brown and crumble. Add beef, brown and crumble. Add chilies, onions, garlic, cumin, coriander, beans, chopped poblanos, ancho pure and cook a few minutes to combine flavors.
Layer half the crispy tortillas into a casserole dish and top with chorizo, beef and beans. Let cool and refrigerate. Store remaining crispy tortillas in a foil pouch.
To serve, bring casserole to room temperature then top with crispy tortillas and cheese. Bake at 375F until bubbly and hot through, 40-45 minutes.
Top with pickled jalapeños, lettuce, tomato and onions. Whip up the avocado, lime and sour cream and dollop over top or pass at table.