N’Awlins-Style Nacho Bowls
We're Gearing Up For The Biggest Day In Football With Brandon Co…
Rach's Lemon Risotto + The Best Deals For Valentine's Day Gifts …
Bob Harper Joins Rach For Pasta Night + Makeover For Viewer Who …
Rob Lowe On Working With His Son on 9-1-1 Lone Star + Rach's Roa…
Rob Lowe On His "West Wing" Pride + What It's Like Working With …
How To Make Instant Pot Sausage & Shells | 20 Minute Meal | Pres…
Prodigal Son's Tom Payne On His Covid Wedding: "We got married b…
What Are Rachael & John Reading Right Now? | Books To Read In 20…
How To Make Raw Mushroom & Escarole Salad | Rachael Ray
How To Make a Sage Advice Cocktail | John Cusimano
- Vegetable or olive oil, for drizzling plus about 1/4 cup
- 1 pound Andouille sausage, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 3 to 4 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 large or 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 fresh chili pepper, Fresno or jalapeo, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 large fresh bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon each dried paprika and coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Herb bundle of thyme and parsley
- Salt and pepper
- 3 cups chicken stock
- Frank's RedHot sauce, to taste
- 1 4-pound cooked chicken, rotisserie or poached, skin removed and meat pulled into bite-size pieces
- 2 bags sweet potato chips, such as Food Should Taste Good
- 1 large bag corn tortilla chips or multi-grain tortilla chips
- Shredded Pepper Jack cheese, optional
- 1 pound medium shrimp, deveined
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning or other seafood seasoning blend, such as Rachaels Seafood Seasoning Grinder
- Scallions, thinly sliced, for garnish
Preheat oven to 300F.
In a Dutch oven, heat a drizzle of oil over medium-high heat. Add sausage, brown and remove to plate.
Reduce heat a bit and add 1/4 cup oil and about 4 tablespoons flour to the pot. Stir 10-12 minutes until golden and fragrant. Add chopped vegetables, chili pepper, garlic, bay, dried spices, herb bundle, salt and pepper, and stir 7-8 minutes to soften. Add stock and a couple of tablespoons hot sauce; simmer to thicken. Add cooked chicken and sausage back to pot.
Warm chips in oven on baking sheets.
Heat a skillet over high heat with a thin layer of vegetable oil. Season shrimp with seafood seasoning and cook in the hot pan 2-3 minutes to cook through.
Fill bowls with a layer of sweet potato and tortilla chips, sprinkle with cheese (optional) top with gumbo sauce and a few shrimp, and garnish with scallions.