Drop Biscuit Top Shepherd’s Pie
Chili Shepherd’s Pie
Shepherd’s Pie Stuffed Potatoes
Ground Beef and Burgundy Shepherd’s Pie
Cauliflower-Topped Shepherd’s Pie
Moussaka-Style Shepherd’s Pie
Shepherd’s Pie, Nachos & Edible Crayons?!
Shepherd’s Pie Knife-and-Fork Burgers
Italian Beef and Pork Shepherd’s Pie with Garlic Mashed Potato T…
Sherri Shepherd’s Royal Wedding Cake Challenge
Grant’s 'Pecan Pie' Skillet Cake
- 1 tablespoon EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef or lamb
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 large parsnip, peeled and chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup dry sherry or white wine
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 1/2 cups self-rise flour
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup milk
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sage
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped thyme
Heat EVOO in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add meat and brown and crumble. Add Worcestershire, vegetables, garlic and bay; season with salt and pepper and cook partially covered 12-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Heat another skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Melt butter and add mushrooms; cook to tender and golden. Season mushrooms with salt and pepper, and stir in flour. Deglaze with sherry or wine, add stock and thicken a bit. Pour into meat, stir to combine and remove from heat.
Preheat oven to 375F.
In a bowl, combine flour with butter with your fingertips for the biscuits. Stir in milk, salt, pepper and herbs until dough forms.
Arrange meat and mushroom mixture in a casserole dish. Top with 1 1/2-inch pieces of dough scattered about the top. Bake 20-25 minutes until biscuit top is light golden and cooked through.