- 2 onions, cut into 1-inch wedges
- 4 potatoes, cut into 1-inch wedges
- 2 bulbs fennel, trimmed and cut into 1-inch wedges
- 1/4 cup EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus additional for drizzling
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 3 tablespoons grated onion
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, grated or pasted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fennel seed
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped sage
- 2 pounds ground pork
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
Turn oven on 425F.
Combine pork with sage, fennel, garlic, grated onion, salt, pepper and cheese. Form 8 patties.
Combine fennel wedges, potatoes and onions with 1/4 cup EVOO, salt and pepper. Roast 35-40 minutes turning once until tender and the potatoes are crispy.
Combine chicken stock, vinegar and brown sugar in a small pot over medium-high heat and bring up to a bubble. Reduce the heat to medium and cook until reduced by about half and thick and syrupy, about 10 minutes.
Heat about a tablespoon EVOO in large skillet or on griddle and cook patties 7-8 minutes turning once.
Serve 2 patties with roasted fennel, potato and onions alongside with some balsamic drizzle over the top of the dish.