- ½ onion
- 1 ¼ pounds ground beef
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- One 14.5-ounce can stewed tomatoes, original recipe (blended)
- ½ 6-ounce can tomato paste
- ½ teaspoon adobo seasoning
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley, plus additional for garnish
- 1 clove minced garlic
- Salt and pepper
- One 8-ounce package cream cheese
- ⅓ cup milk
- One 12-ounce package wonton wrappers
- 2 cups part-skim, low-moisture mozzarella cheese, grated
- ⅓ cup parmesan cheese
In a large skillet, saut beef and onion in the olive oil until browned. Drain the meat. Put meat back into the pan and add the blended stewed tomatoes, tomato paste, adobo, Italian seasoning, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper. Simmer for 30 minutes and stir occasionally.
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a small pot, simmer the cream cheese and milk until smooth and creamy.
Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with non-stick spray. Lay a wonton wrapper in the bottom of each muffin tin, pressing down and into the sides of the tin. Place about 1 tablespoon of beef in each cup. Top with 1 teaspoon of cream cheese then sprinkle mozzarella and a pinch of parmesan on top. Press another wonton down into the cup and repeat the layers.
Bake the lasagna cups for 10 minutes until the cheese is melted and the wonton wrappers are slightly browned. Sprinkle extra dried parsley on top for color and garnishing.