- 2 lbs ground sirloin (1 lb per muffin tin)
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose biscuit mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded provolone cheese, divided
- Salt and pepper
- Cooking spray
Preheat oven to 400F. Put 2 mini muffin pans into the hot oven for a few minutes until hot. While mini muffin pan is preheating, prepare the Philly cheesesteak mixture.
In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, brown the meat. Once brown, add the onion, peppers and Worcestershire, and cook for 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and cool.
In a medium bowl, mix the biscuit mix, milk, cooled meat mixture and 1 1/2 cups of cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
Pull the hot pan out of the oven and spray muffin cups with cooking spray. Use a small scoop to evenly scoop heaping scoopfuls of the biscuit mixture into all of the mini muffin cups. Top each scoop of mixture with a little sprinkle of cheese.
Bake for 15 minutes or until golden on top.