- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 to 4 small fresh bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon mustard seed
- 1 tablespoon coriander seed
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 ribs celery, chopped with leafy tops
- 1 small onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 seedless cucumber, 1 pound, sliced rounds 1/4-inch thick
- A few sprigs dill and parsley
Heat vinegar, water, bay, seeds, turmeric, salt and sugar over medium-high heat. Bring to a low boil; stir to dissolve sugar.
Layer celery, onion, cucumber, dill and parsley in a glass or plastic airtight container. Cover with hot brine; chill until ready to serve.