Cheese Fry Chili Burger
We're Gearing Up For The Biggest Day In Football With Brandon Co…
Rach's Lemon Risotto + The Best Deals For Valentine's Day Gifts …
Bob Harper Joins Rach For Pasta Night + Makeover For Viewer Who …
Rob Lowe On Working With His Son on 9-1-1 Lone Star + Rach's Roa…
Rob Lowe On His "West Wing" Pride + What It's Like Working With …
How To Make Instant Pot Sausage & Shells | 20 Minute Meal | Pres…
Prodigal Son's Tom Payne On His Covid Wedding: "We got married b…
What Are Rachael & John Reading Right Now? | Books To Read In 20…
How To Make Raw Mushroom & Escarole Salad | Rachael Ray
How To Make a Sage Advice Cocktail | John Cusimano
- EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil for drizzling plus about 1/4 cup for shallow frying
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef chuck, divided
- Salt and coarse black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped plus 2 tablespoons grated
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup beef stock
- 2 medium starchy potatoes, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups shredded yellow sharp cheddar
- 4 split burger rolls, such as Amys seeded
- Yellow mustard
Heat a drizzle of EVOO in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1/2 pound beef and brown and crumble. Season with salt, pepper, chili powder, paprika, cumin and coriander. Add chopped onion and garlic, and cook 2-3 minutes to soften. Add tomato paste and stock, and simmer to thicken and combine flavors, 15-20 minutes.
Bring potatoes to boil, salt the water and boil them for 3-4 minutes; drain. Heat about 1/4 cup EVOO in a saut pan for shallow frying. Fry sliced potatoes until very crisp like fat potato chips. Remove to paper towels to drain and season with salt.
Combine remaining pound of ground beef with grated onion, Worcestershire, salt and pepper. Form 4 patties that are thicker at edges and thinner at the center for even cooking.
Heat grill or griddle pan over medium-high heat.
Heat a small saucepot over medium heat; add butter and melt. Whisk in flour then add milk and thicken. Add cheese and melt; lower heat to keep warm.
Grill burgers 8 minutes, turning once. Place on buns and top with a few rounds of crispy potatoes, some chili and cheese sauce. Set bun top in place with a little mustard and serve.